Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation supports youth education by offering additional scholarships to 650 students to study Medicine in selected Nigeria Universities.
Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation has announced additional scholarships for the 2022 academic year to 650 students who have an interest and passion in medicine and surgery to study in 12 selected Nigeria universities.
The Foundation which has a strong interest in education and health, in collaboration with Venezuela Embassy in Abuja had earlier announced scholarships for 50 undergraduate students to study medicine in Latinoamerican Medicine School, Venezuela.
Unlike the Venezuela scholarship program which the foundation takes care of all funds including tuition fees, accommodation, feeding, and monthly stipends, the foundation’s national scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, and stipends only for the entire seven years of study. The scholarship fund will be deposited in a designated bank
The Foundation has strictly chosen 12 universities for the scholarship.
1. University of Nigeria Nsukka- 50 Students
2. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – 50 Students
3. University of Ibadan – 50 Students
4. University of Calabar – 50 Students
5. University of Maiduguri – 50 Students
6. University of Jos – 50 students
7. Abia State University – 100 Students
8. Enugu State University – 50 students
9. Anambra State University -50 Students
10. Ebonyi State University – 50 Students
11. Imo State University – 50 Students
12. Rivers State University – 50 Students
● The Foundation shall pay the JAMB fees and Post-UME fees of all selected applicants.
● Upon gaining admission into any of the preferred universities, the Foundation shall deposit the tuition fees and accommodation fee directly to the universities up to seven years of study and pay stipends directly to the students
● Should be an undergraduate who is willing to gain admission into the university in the 2022/2023 academic year.
● Should have good grades in West African Examination Council (WAEC) or National Examinations Council (NECO). ‘A’ grades in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry are added advantages.
● Should be a citizen of Nigeria
● Should take responsibility for gaining admission in any of the selected universities. The Foundation pays for the JAMB and POST -UME (if applicable) and expects the student to send his admission letter to the Foundation when shortlisted by any of the universities. The Foundation shall not influence any of the admission processes.
● The Foundation promotes academic excellence and believes that students with ‘A’ grades in the three major science subjects will perform excellently in JAMB and finish up the entire seven years in the school of medicine.
DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT
● Photocopy of West African Examination Council (WAEC) or National Examination Council (NECO)
● Self-introduction letter of a maximum of 200 words.
SUBMISSION TIMELINE: August 20th, 2021 —September 20th, 2021
Documents should be mailed to email@example.com
For more information visit https://www.orjiuzorkalufoundation.org
Rev (Mrs) Jemima Ola Kalu
Executive Secretary, Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation.